Conferences and conventions are critical in providing value to members. We strive to provide a positive and rewarding conference experience which instills confidence and creates loyalty.
Meeting Strategies International (MSI), a division of OMG, is able to offer some or all of the following meeting planning and event management services:
- Develop a sponsor contact list by identifying and contacting prospective vendors regarding sponsorship opportunities and conference exhibit space.
- Develop prospectus and sponsorship materials to be provided to vendors detailing the sponsorship benefits.
- Coordinate communications and events for those vendors who meet the sponsorship levels.
- Plan and coordinate exhibitor space in concert with the hotel decorator.
- Invoice vendors and receive and deposit payments.
- Provide on-site assistance for exhibitors and sponsors.
- Plan and coordinate the hotel contract, maintain contact with the hotel conference planner and troubleshoot problems.
- Develop agreement regarding meeting space needs.
- Develop, communicate and troubleshoot issues related to sleeping room blocks.
- Attend pre- and post-conference hotel meetings regarding reservations, activities and follow-up.
- Plan and develop a list of hotel contracts for use before, during and after the conference.
- Receive, deposit and record all funds associated with the conference.
- Prepare detailed conference budget based on current estimate when requested and respond to all budget inquiries and any changes in a timely manner.
- Maintain current and accurate conference budget and actual numbers providing updates as requested.
- Review, approve and pay all conference charges including hotel charges.
Develop detailed program including plans for special dinners, receptions, activities and entertainment.
Design and develop registration form, program agenda, brochures, flyers, e-mails, etc. for publication.
Plan and complete advertising for members and other organizations with brochures/e-mails/notices/etc.
Develop conference ads for professional newsletters.
- Develop and process print & online registration forms.
- Send registration acknowledgments weekly.
- Ensure all registration information is maintained in a database and is current on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile registrations to payments received.
- Perform on-site registration.
FUTURE SITE DEVELOPMENT
- Recommend conference locations
- Follow up on room block, rates, meeting space changes.
- Send out and coordinate bid notices to prospective hotels.
- Review menus and compare food costs for each site.
- Perform site visits when needed.
- Meeting space arrangements.
- Develop and administer evaluation process for attendees.
- Tabulate, summarize and report results to the Board of Directors.